[Revised] Introductory Email


To: Brad Blackstone
From: Ong Jin
Date: 21 January 2018
Subject: Self-introduction

Dear Brad Blackstone

My name is Jin and I am an undergraduate studying hospitality business in Singapore institute of Technology. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in hotel and leisure facilities management and decided to continue pursuing my studies in hospitality-related fields. I initially did not want to continue my studies as I did not find a need to, and decided to pursue a full time job instead. I worked as a sales coordinator with Stamford Catering for one and a half years and discovered my love for doing sales and finding the best fit for customers. Managing customer profiles was what I loved about sales because of the great feeling I get when they return and look for me. Another reason was the relationships I build with my customers when I help them with their business needs. In between school terms, my part time jobs were mostly in Food & Beverage. I worked in a Japanese restaurant and worked for Formula 1 events for three consecutive years.

During my free time, I enjoy writing letters to my pen pals. When I write, thoughts flow out much more easily and it is comforting to talk about daily happenings and even problems with someone located on the other side of the world. As I do not have the chance to travel often, it is another great way to learn about another country and their cultures and I even get to keep the letters as memories and go back to read them after some time. My other hobbies are playing music - the piano and violin, Latin dancing, and spending time at home, either painting or playing with my pets. 

When presenting, I face difficulties forming a mind map in my head and communicating my thoughts out verbally. Sometimes the concepts and feelings are present, but it always meets a massive roadblock on the way out of my mouth to the audience. I am one of the craziest within my circle of friends, but I turn shy when facing a bunch of people I do not know well. Hence, I tend to stutter and lose my train of thoughts halfway through. One communication strength of mine is sensitive hearing, where I am able to hear tone and pitch changes when the other party speaks which reflects their thoughts or moods. 

I look forward to improving my presentation skills under your tutelage. 

Best regards
Jin

Revised on 30 January 2018

Comments

  1. Dear Jin,

    I had no idea that you came from the industry, and have a background in sales; your affable personality definitely grants you an edge in managing customer relationships. In addition, what I find highly intriguing is that you're a person of many interest. Besides your widely-known background in dance, I must admit you're one of the few people I know that engages in writing letters to pen pals, you must have many interesting stories to share from your friends around the globe.

    Looking forward to working with you this trimester.

    Regards,
    Yong Wei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jin,

    Thank you for sharing more about yourself. I didn't know you are very talented person. I do see you in school dancing at times, but I am amazed that you are capable of playing piano and violin as well.

    I feel that you are a very kind person, with full of soul. Your curiosity of other country's cultures shows that you're an adventurous person, who appreciates different perspectives of life.

    I do face similar challenges too and I look forward to see you in class and we can both improve on our communiaction together!

    Regards,
    Farhan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts